You turn me Naan
Shandy is head over heels for Indian cuisine, and me, not so much. I have always been under the impression that ALL Indian food was spicy. This is probably due to Shandy loving everything so spicy. Every time Indian food was brought up I would turn it down. It turns out Indian food doesn't always pack the "heat."
I happened to stumble across this recipe through my Instagram feed, and I liked what I saw. I had never heard of Masala paste before, almost didn't try the recipe because I was skeptical, but I knew Shandy would love it, so I opened my mind and expanded my culinary scope. Of course, as with any recipe I find, I add a couple of personal touches along the way. This recipe is so easy to make and quick, from start to finish in about 30-45 minutes. Other than baking the Butternut Squash this recipe can be made in one large sautée pan which is always a plus on a busy night. Since I found this recipe three weeks ago, we have had it four times and counting. P.S. it makes a great leftover lunch for a long workday. In this recipe, I upped the increments to make sure that a family of 4 would have leftovers for a smooth transition to the following day.
1 Butternut Squash cubed
4-5 Roma Tomatoes roughly chopped
3 Tbs Fresh Garlic minced
1 Tbs Fresh Ginger minced
1 Head of Broccoli chopped
1/2 cup of Scallions roughly chopped
3-4 Tbs Tomato Paste
32 oz Garbanzo Beans
2-3 Tbs Masala Paste
2 cups of Veggie Stock
1/2 cup of Coconut Milk
2 Tbs of Olive Oil divided
2 cups of Jasmine Rice
1) Preheat the oven to 425 and coat the butternut squash with oil and place on a non grease baking pan and cook for 20 -25 tossing half way through. They should be golden brown when finished.
2) While the Butternut is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a large sauce pan and add the garlic, ginger, and scallions for 5
minutes on medium heat.
3) After five minutes add your Tomatoes and continue cooking on medium for another 5-10 minutes until the Tomatoes are soft.
4) Next, add your Veggie Stock, Tomato Paste, and Coconut milk and stir all the ingredients until evenly coated.
5) Add the Garbanzo Beans and Broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes or until the Broccoli is soft.
6) For extra indulgence serve over Jasmine rice with a side of Naan.
7) Finally top the dish the Squash and Cilantro and enjoy!